Antilia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come on in and welcome! Join in on the fun!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Keywords
Latest topics
» When You Fall Hard
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed May 03, 2023 6:28 pm by Cat

» The Backfire
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 10:00 pm by Cat

» Modern-Day Role-Plays
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 4:14 pm by Theo

» Introduce Yourself
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 11:36 pm by Theo

» Your Characters
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 9:13 pm by Theo

» OOC Role-Play Discussion
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 12:47 pm by Theo

» Role-Play Ideas
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 12:26 pm by Theo

» Welcome to Antilia!
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 am by Theo

» Character Ideas
The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2022 4:50 am by Cat

The Backfire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Theo
Admin
Theo

The Backfire - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 6:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

The day had been long, it felt like it dragged along like walking through sand. The young boy had just gotten off the bus and happily ran inside his home. He called for his parents, but he received no answer in return. He dropped his school bag by the front door, going to search for them through the house.

He didn't find them, but he did find a small note on the counter by the microwave. He picked it up, letting his eyes scan over the words written there.

"Dear Ronan,

Your father and I got calls to go to work tonight, we will be back late into the night. There are leftovers in the fridge, just heat them for a minute or so when you get hungry. Make sure that you do your homework and shower, and go to bed on time! We will come and see you when we get home.

Love, Mom."

The boy, Ronan, smiled a bit to himself. He had the house to himself for the night. Yes! He could do what he wanted while his parents were gone. This was going to be a fun night.

Making quick work of him, the boy grabbed one of the dining room chairs and dragged it over to the counter. He used it to climb onto the counter and open the cabinet. That's where he found the stash he knew would be hiding there. His parents' sweets stash.

He grabbed for the cookies, quickly jumping off the counter with a victory giggle. He ran for the living room, throwing himself on the couch. While stuffing several cookies into his mouth, he reached out and grabbed the remote. Clicking on the TV, picking cartoons, of course, he relaxed against the back of the couch.

About half an hour into his cartoons, the sudden sound of the emergency broadcast alarm caused whatever cookies were left to spill over his lap.

"Come on what the heck," he mumbled under his breath annoyed,

Ronan grumbled as he grabbed the remote. He tried to click through the channels, but each one had the same broadcast on the screen. He guessed he wouldn't be able to avoid it to watch something else.

He sighed and tossed the remote onto the couch beside him, leaning up and staring at the tv. It was telling everyone around to pay attention and listen, to lock your doors and windows. But it wasn't saying anything as to why.

Just then the screen flickered, and popped back on, showing a balding older man, holding a microphone. He was standing in the middle of a two-way street, cars speeding behind him. People seemed to be running this way and that, screaming and pushing each other out of their way. The man's hands seemed to be trembling.

"I've been getting news that crazy people are on the loose. There seems to have been an escape from our local hospital of a mental patient. It is reported that the patient attacked workers of the hospital, ripping the flesh from wherever they could get a hold of it.

It is believed that the man was infected with some sort of disease, for the hospital staff he has come in contact with have also gone crazy. Law enforcement has been called to take care of the problem, but I have been informed that they were attacked as well.

People have gotten word about the attack, and have been trying to rush to their homes as fast as possible, as you can see behind me," he pointed to the mild chaos behind him. "I heard that this is something to not worry about too much, this is just another crazy person trying to cause a problem.

But it has been recommended that you lock yourself in your homes, lock the doors, and your windows. Make sure that you do not leave your homes until further notice. Please stay tuned to the TV, or radio for any further information.

Thank you this has been Daniel Campbell with the Channel Five news broadcasting system."

The broadcast didn't end as the man wiped the sweat from his brow with the back of his hand, letting out a shaky hand. His mouth started moving with words that couldn't be heard, he seemed to be talking to the person behind the camera.

His head suddenly shot to the side, as he stepped back in defense. He raised his hands in front of his chest, before another person slammed into him, knocking him to the ground. The camera shifted slightly, rocking side to side like it had been hit.

A man, who could be assumed as the cameraman ran out, grabbing at the person who had tackled the news speaker. He pulled on their clothes, trying to remove them, but they weren't budging from where they were.

Suddenly then another body suddenly slammed into the cameraman, knocking him back into the camera. It tumbled to the ground, the lense cracking, showing a broken sky.

The screen went black once more, before showing the emergency broadcast once again.

Ronan stared with his mouth wide open, confused about what the hell had just happened. What the hell was going on?
----------------------

Hello everyone, this is going to be an apocalyptic Role-Play of sorts. Most likely zombies, since that's one of my favorite tropes. Considering that this is an apocalyptic RP, there will be Cussing, Blood, Violence, Gore, and possible drug use. So you are warned.

This is an open RP, so anyone can join as they like. You just have to fill out this character sheet below.

Full Name: Characters Full Name
Nickname: What does the character go by
Sexuality: What do you prefer?
Skills: What are they good at?
Personality: what are they like?
General looks: Can be picture or description.
General Clothing Style: Can be picture or description.
Preferred Weapons: Picture or description.
Anything else physical: Tattoos, piercings, etc.

Last edited by Theo on Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://antilia.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 3:14 pm

Getting yelled at was something he expected. Of course he did. He ran off, in search of trouble it seemed like. But he didn’t expect the harsh words coming from Jed to hurt so much. It was like when a parent was disappointed with you. It was always the disappointment that hurt worse than the anger.

Jude was following every one of Jed’s moves, following closely to him. He winced a bit when his arm was grabbed. He looked up at him feeling the cold from his skin through the fabric of his jacket.

Maybe he should give Jed one of his jackets when they get back. Getting sick wasn’t a good idea during these times.

He stayed close by, almost glued to the other man’s sides as they ran through the streets trying to make it home. When they finally did, he nodded at the idea. He put his hand on his chest, as a sort of gesture of promising he won’t run away again.

Jude made sure to watch Jed as he climbed all the way up, and disappeared behind the ledge. He shifted his backpack around, making sure that it was secure on his back. He grabbed the end of the rope, wrapping it around his waist the best he could.

He twisted his arm around the rest of the rope, gripping it tightly making sure he had an extra hold just in case the knot came undone. The pressure against his waist was painful, putting more weight onto his bruised ribs, but he ignored it.

Once he was pulled up the whole way he plopped down onto the floor, less graceful than he normally would do. The cold tile against his cheek felt good, and his head was pounding. He could still taste blood in his mouth, wondering if he cut his lip open from a tooth.

He laid there sprawled out for a while. He didn’t want to move. It hurt to move, he just wanted to stay here forever and just sleep for the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 3:38 pm

Jed peered over the side and saw that Jude had secured himself before grunting with the effort as he pulled him up. It took a little longer than it would have if Jude had climbed but he couldn't do that right now. Once he finally pulled him all the way up, he sat back on his butt and panted from the effort. "You're heavier than you look." He said before laying back on the tiles, his legs hanging over the edge.

He sighed before rolling onto his side to look at him, his left arm propping his head up. "So why did you steal this map?" He asked, pulling the paper out of his pocket.

"That was really stupid you know?" He said, looking at him. "If you see something just sitting there, you don't go and take it, especially if it looks like it was recently used. You look to see if the person who owns it is around. If they're not there or dead then you take it." He said before a fat droplet of ran hit his leg. "Shit, come on and get inside." He said, getting up and pulled Jude out of the range of fire.
Back to top Go down
https://cathmglynn.wixsite.com/catherineglynn
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 3:58 pm

Jude laid there listening to him, watching him as he spoke. He didn’t react to being lectured, know it was coming sooner or later. Plus it wasn’t as bad as when his dad would lecture him when he was younger.

He let himself be dragged inside the apartment, not moving a muscle. It took several more more minutes to find his bearings, before pushing himself off the floor.

When he stood on his feet, he swayed a bit his head spinning from getting up so fast. He dropped his bag into the corner he had slept in the night before, before making his way over to the table.

He plopped down on the chair, quickly grabbing for the pencil and paper. He flipped it over and began scribbling.

Its a base. Or at least some sort of camp. It could be safe, or maybe even have some supplies if there’s no one there. This man was heading there, and I have a feeling those men from earlier are going there too.

Jude looked at Jed with pleading, apologetic eyes. His right eye already starting to swell slightly and turn a light purple.

I have to find him again. He had to pay for what he did to me, to them. You can either help me or not. I’m going to go. I don’t care if it’s foolish, my parents would want me to get back at their killer.

He slammed the pencil on the table, almost snapping it in half. He was suddenly overcome with anger, that he had to shove his balled fists into his pocket. A angry pout showing on his brown.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 4:28 pm

Jedediah sighed as he read what Jude had written. "I don't usually get myself involved in these sort of things but I'm afraid you'll get yourself killed if I don't come with you. I'll come with you to help get your revenge but killing him won't make you feel better for it. I should know..." He said, looking off to the side before looking back at Jude.

"You're not going anywhere right now though. You just got the shit best out of you. So you take the bed for tonight and I'll sleep on the floor." He said, looking him in the eyes, his eyes more blue now.

"Right I'm grabbing something to eat." He grumbled as it started to pour. A cool breeze wafting through the apartment. He sighed, smiling at the cool air as he took his mask off.

He grabbed a granola bar and took the plastic off. Holding it in his mouth, he took his shirt off and sat down near where the rain was falling. He slowly took off the duct tape of his arms as he watched the rain cover everything.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 5:09 pm

Sleep…sleep was for the weak. There were more important things to do than sleep. Plus the sun was still up. Sure he was sore, but he wasn’t tired.

He sat there at the table pouring, his arms crossed over his chest. He had a feeling that Jed would offer to help him. He had said so back at the mall. He was grateful, he really was. But there was small part inside of him that wished he would have declined to help.

This wasn’t his business to get sucked into. He didn’t need a protector, he could do these things himself. He wasn’t a child!

He huffed to himself, sinking further into the chair almost like he was trying to disappear into it.

Plus was he insane!? Don’t get his revenge?! The man killed his parents in cold blood, even when they helped him. They could have just let him out there to die, but they didn’t. And he repaid them by killing them. Almost killing him in the process as well.

He sighed, slowly sitting up. He walked over to his backpack, pulling out a small first aid kid. He slowly removed his mask, seeing the darker spots on the inside, where his blood had soaked into it.

There was blood still caked under his nose and on his lips, he could feel it when he moved his jaw around. He reached up a hand, tentatively wincing when he felt a sharp pain come from his nose.

Fuck, that hurt. It wasn’t broken though, which was good.

He pulled out a water bottle and cloth, pouring some of the water onto it. He began to gently wipe down his face, cringing when he accidentally put to much pressure in some places.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 5:37 pm

Jedediah watched the rain fall as he finished his snack. His eyes flicked over to Jude as he hobbled over to his backpack to clean himself up. "I know what you're thinking." He said. "You should have every right to murder that man for what he did to you and your family but it's not worth having his blood on your hands." He said, looking at him. "It's really not fucking worth it. I've been in the same situation." He said, leaning against the wall.

"I'm not saying you shouldn't get any revenge on him but murder isn't the answer." He sighed again and started to remove the tape for his other arm. "Murdering him won't bring your parents back. Didn't bring my sister back." He muttered under his breath.

"All I'm saying is kid, don't go in there with no plan but just murder. It's going to go to shit before you can say fuck." He said, glaring at him slightly.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 6:04 pm

Jude continued to clean himself up as he listened to Jed talk. He was starting to get annoyed when he kept bringing up not getting his revenge.

What the fuck did he know!? He was the one who asked what was going on with him! He should have just kept the damn thing to himself. He shouldn’t even have climbed that stupid rope.

He turned his head to look at Jed, matching his glare with one of his own. His scar was more prominent against his skin with all the swelling and redness that surrounded it.

He reached a hand up to touch, touching it gently with his fingertips, his arms shaking. Murdering that bastard was the only thing that was going to bring him closure. He wanted his parents to be happy wherever they were, and he knew they would want him to do this.

He slammed the first aid kit closed, stuffing it back into his pack before walking back to the table. He grabbed the pencil again, scribbling quickly on the paper. When he finished he slammed the pencil hard on the table.

He stormed his way over to Jed, throwing the paper into his lap. Before he could get a word out, he turned around and went to the bedroom slamming the door behind him.

If all you’re going to do is tell me not to, then just stay here. I can take care of myself. And if I die, I die. What’s it matter to you anyway!?
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 6:27 pm

Oh my gods this fucking kid! He thought. He's going to get himself killed by an infected at this point... He grumbled as he watched Jude act like a child. He huffed when the paper was shoved in his face and watched him storm into his room, slamming the door. "Hey!" He said, getting up. "Stop acting like a fucking child!" He yelled before storming over to the bedroom and opened the door.

The air seemed to get a little colder when Jedediah stood in the doorway. "With the way you reacted to seeing that man today, do you really think you have the courage to stand up to him the next time you see him?" He asked, glaring at him. His eyes were completely silver this time with his anger.

"I saw the way you froze up. If you do that again when trying to kill him, you'll get murdered before you can get your revenge." He growled. "And don't say I don't know what this is like. My sister was murdered in front of me. I tracked down the fuckers who did it and made them pay. Did I feel better in the moment? Yes. Do I regret it everyday since? Yes!" He started to rub the tattoo on his right wrist as he thought about his sister.

"Look kid, you don't need that weight on you. Make him pay but leave him to die himself, don't commit the actual act." He said, sighing as he ran his hand through his hair which had since come out of its messy bun. "Just be smart about this alright? Once it's done you can't take it back..." He said before leaving the room.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 6:37 pm

The door slamming open was something he didn’t expect. He jumped from where he was sitting on the bed. He jerked looking up at him, glaring back at him.

Though he couldn’t help the shiver that ran through his form. The room suddenly got cold when the man stepped inside. And what the hell was up with his eyes.

He ducked his head down as he was being screamed at, holding his hands tightly together between his legs. Now he really felt like a child. He felt kid a kid who got caught stealing out of his parent liquor cabinet. There was not disappointment anymore, just anger.

His head snapped up though when Jed mentioned his sister. So…he went through the same thing Jude is going through now?

Good job idiot. Way to never think about other people before yourself.

He cringed to himself, chewing on his lower lip. He didn’t look at Jed again, before he left the room. But something was refusing to leave his mind. Why were his eyes silver? He could have sworn they weren’t that color before. Maybe he was just seeing things.

Jude huffed to himself grabbing the pillow from the bed, lifting it up and slammed it hard down on the mattress. He did this a couple times, before he went too hard and his ribs flared with pain.

He gasped and collapsed onto the bed, falling face first into the pillow. That’s when he gave up trying to hold it in. He wrapped his arms around the pillow and began to sob. He cried out his sadness, anger, and frustration.

And that’s where he stayed for the next half hour, just crying into the pillow. After he could find anymore tears, he rolled over onto his side wrapping his arms around his legs. He curled into the fetal position, staring at the wall.

That’s where he fell asleep as well. The days excursions catching up with him, causing his body to make him shut down so it could try to heal itself.

Cat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 7:54 pm

Jedediah growled to himself as he stormed away before snapping and punched a hole through the wall. "Fucking stupid kid!" He muttered to himself. Why the fuck was he getting so worked up this?! He thought before thinking about his sister. "Yeah that's probably why." He said before loudly sighing. He was about to go and apologise before hearing Jude crying? "Fuck." He said before brooding in the kitchen for a while. He closed the door to the bedroom before starting to get to work on the apartment.

While Jude slept, Jedediah managed to set up a better alarm, a pulley system for getting supplies up and down, repairs some of the broken furniture and set up some traps to act as wall. He also set up a water gathering system so he could have fresh water when it rained.

After he was done, he sat on the edge again and watched the city.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:18 pm

The sound of mourning doves, followed by a low rumbling filled the room. Jude shifted a couple times, sleep slowly leaving his body. Once conscious fully came back to him the first thing that crossed his mind was pain.

His head was throbbing like crazy, and his jaw felt like someone was smashing it in with a hammer. He rolled over onto his back, groaning as he felt the world spinning.

When he finally opened his eyes to a sunlit filled room, he blinked a couple times trying to clear his vision. He could feel the crusty dried tears in the corners of his eyes, and on his face. He must have fallen asleep mid crying.

Once the spinning had finally stoped, he slowly leaned up grabbing his head as he did so. He rubbed his fingers against his forehead, trying to rod himself off the pounding head ache. But he knew that he would need the pain meds that were store in his bag.

But his bag was in the dinning room outside the door. And that would mean he would have to face Jed again, and after last night he wasn’t sure if he was even welcome here anymore.

Jude hung his head, taking a deep breath before pushing himself off the bed. He slowly made his way over to the door, his boots shuffling along the carpet as his legs felt too heavy to pick them up fully.

He creaked open the door, slipping through slowly. He didn’t bother glancing around, he knew Jed was here somewhere. After he pulled a stunt like last night, he had a feeling Jed wasn’t going to let him out of his sight. Well that was if he was even allowed to stick around.

He shuffled his way over to the bag, rummaging around the main pocket. He pulled out a large bottle of Tylenol, and a small water bottle. He got himself two pills, quickly washing with down with the water.

He sighed, putting the water and pills away but coming back with something in his hand. It was another honey bun. His last one. He stared at it for a couple seconds, before standing up.

He walked over to the table, setting the bun down to the side of it. He produced a piece of paper, quickly writing on it. He slipped it under the bun, before skulking back to the corner, where he sat down with his arms crossed around his knees.

I’m sorry.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:44 pm

Jedediah was sitting at the table, cleaning his guns as he heard Jude come out of the room. He kept working on the gun before looking at him with blue eyes as he place the note and the bun on the table.

He set the gun down and took the bun, tearing it in half and walked over to him, squatting down and handed him the other half. "If you starve yourself, how are you supposed to get your revenge." He said, messing up Jude's hair before getting up and walked back to the table.

He finished his half of the bun before going back to cleaning his gun.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Jude looked up at Jed when he handed him the other half the bun. He stared at it, a look that almost said that the bun was the most precious thing in his life. He slowly started eating it a few moments later, taking small bites like he was trying to cherish it as long as he could.

When he finished, he wiped his sticky fingers on his pants. He gaze stayed on Jed watching him as he worked. He watched the way he moved his hands and fingers. Watched as the tendons in his hands moved, and how deft he was while he worked.

Jude slowly pushed himself off the floor, slowly walking toward the table. He held his hands in front of him, his fingers moving around nervously. Once he reached it, he gently sat down but didn’t look at Jed for a couple moments.

He chewed on his lower lip for a bit, before grabbing the piece of paper again.

I’m sorry about your sister. I didn’t mean to bring up bad memories. He slowly slid the paper over to him, before looking down once more.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:31 pm

Jedediah finished working on the first gun, put it back together and set it down. He was about to start on his rifle when Jude walked over. He looked up at him, his eyes a mix of silver and blue this time. He watched him write the note and set the rifle down to read it.

His jaw tensed a bit when he read the part about his sister before setting it down again some what calmly. "It's fine, I'd just prefer not to talk about her." He said, his voice a little tense. He rubbed his tattoo again as a way to calm himself before picking up the gun again and disassembled it.

He went through methodically cleaning the gun before putting it back together and got up from the table. He turned the guns to their spots before turning to look at Jude, a lot calmer now.

"Ok so how do you want to go about getting your revenge? We'll have to wait a couple days for your injuries to heal." He said, hands on his hips. "I don't want you making them worse by travelling now."
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:47 pm

Jude sat there in silence, listening to the sound of the gun clacking around. He closed his eyes as he focused on the sounds, trying to use that to not delve into his thoughts.

He opened his eyes again when he heard Jed get up off the chair, and return the guns to their normal holding spot. What he didn’t expect was him to ask about his plan for revenge. He figured he wouldn’t want to talk about it after what happened last night.

But he had only one answer to the question.

He turned and looked at Jed in the eye, before shrugging his shoulders. He didn’t have a plan long ago when he was still looking for the man, he was just hoping to find him and be able to put a bullet into his head.

That’s as far as he had gotten before giving up. But now that he had a possible lead, the same idea came back to his mind. He had a map now, but that didn’t change anything. He didn’t know for sure if the man would be there, or if they were just going to be wasting their time with this.

Jude was a good fighter, he learned how to take care of himself against attackers. Well when he could see them coming he could, that other man just happened to catch him by surprise. But Jed had been right yesterday. He had froze up when he saw his parents killer, to the point he could barely even move.

He looked up at Jed with pleading eyes. He really wanted help, if not to kill him then at least to make him suffer. He wanted him to suffer the way he did. The hell he went through for the several years following his parents death, trying to find his way through the world relying on strangers who…want more than he was able to provide.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 10:20 pm

He sighed, holding his head in his hand when Jude shrugged at him. "See this is what would of gotten you killed. You have no plan, a map but no evidence that dick would be there and to be honest not enough confidence for this. You need to work on this fear and getting over it. There's no sure fire way to do that other than actually facing the guy but I can try and help you get over that fear." He said, looking at him. His eyes had now gone back to blue.

"Now we'll need to come up with a plan, do some scouting of the area and try and gather any Intel we can about this place and this dick. We already know he's disgusting and a complete ass for sure." He said, rolling his eyes.

He grabbed some spare paper he had and grabbed the map and sat down at the table to try and work on some sort of a plan so they wouldn't die straight away.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 10:30 pm

There it was again! His eyes changed! He saw it! What was that? Did he know that his eyes were doing that?

He scooted closer to Jed, looking down at the paper. He would glance at his face every once and while, checking his eyes to see if they would change again. Did eyes normally do that? He didn’t really know, he barely ever looked strangers in the eye. Well, he couldn’t really consider Jed a stranger anymore could he?

But why was he going this far for him? Someone he had met only a few days ago? Was it out of pity? Maybe because he thought of Jude as a child?

Jude sighed unable to help it, looking back down at the map. He studied it closely, trying to memorize the route just in case they lost it. He didn’t want to be left stranded without an idea where to go.

But he was starting to get antsy. He wanted to go now, but he knew that would be a bad idea. He would freeze up if he saw the man, and he would be the one ending up killed. But would that even be so bad? He would be able to see his parents again if he died.

He thought about it. Leaving this world behind to join his parents. To be within their loving embrace again. Sometimes he wondered why he stayed alive in a world that was falling to hell. Where undead people walked trying to rip your insides out.

Jude rested his chin against the table, absentmindedly running his fingers against the scar on his face.

He lifted his hands and started crudely signing we could follow the guy from the mall to see where he goes. This map was his, maybe he lives there? He suggested. He wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed that one.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 11:12 pm

Jed could tell Jude kept looking at him but didn't look up from the paper. "Stop staring at me.* He said, as he worked on the plan. He looked over at the note and scratched his head. "I don't think it's the best idea to go looking for that guy again. If he spots either of us, we're dead or he'll lead us somewhere else and probably be dead there. We don't even know if he's still hanging around the mall either." He said before sighing.

"Ok if I remember right, there are high rises on this side of the city. Like the big fancy ones that the 1% lived in. And then after that I think there was a golf course or something like that. That means there won't be much tree cover if that where this base is or whatever it is..." He said, scratching his head more trying to figure out what to do.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 11:32 pm

Jude jumped when he was told to stop staring. How did he notice that, he wasn’t even looking at him. This man sure was freaky.

He sat quietly as he talked about the city. The 1%? Like the rich people? They lived that far away from the main city? That made so sense to him, but then again he didn’t live here to begin with. He just happened upon this city during his travels.

If it’s a settlement we could always ask for sanctuary. You know sneak in and act normal, like we want to be friends. Scout out the place, and if who we are looking for isn’t there we just leave. And if he is, we just need to plan on what to do from there.

He tapped a finger against the paper, giving Jed a look.

This place looks mighty large. It doesn’t seem like a place a group of people would pass up to establish a some sort of camp. I’ve lived with these types of people before. The ones who think they are the badest of the bad. Head honcho type stuff. A big factory type building like that, is not something they would pass up on. Especially not when they have this much abandoned space to scout through for supplies.

And Jude wasn’t lying when he wrote that. He lived with a group of burley men for a couple weeks. They constant had fights among each other over small things like bags of chips, or who drank the last of the water so they could go refill the canteen.

He was only allowed to stay with them because he was their errand boy. He would fetch them the things they need. Or crawl into small spaces that they couldn’t fit into, to go scout for things that could be of use to them.

If he did what they said, they offered him protection.

You kiss their feet and act like they are the best thing to grace this earth they will be like putty in your hands. It’s rather sad. A scowl appeared on his features, as he stared at the map again trying to find something that they could possibly be missing.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 2:09 am

Jed couldn't help but chuckle when Jude jumped from being caught staring. "I didn't have to look at you, I could feel your eyes boring into me kid." He said, smiling as he looked up at him.

He waited for Jude to finish writing before reading what he wrote. He frowned and rubbed his eyes. "That could maybe work but if the guy that beat up up or the guy who murdered your parents is there, they could alert the others. We'll see when we scout the place out first. I don't want to get caught by surprise." He said looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 2:22 am

Jude huffed when Jed practically turned down what he said again. He blew out a breath, blowing his hair away from his eyes. He stared at the man for a bit again, resting his chin in the palm of his hand as he studied him. He was curious about something, but he figured that now wouldn’t be the right time.

Then let’s get started now. See how far this place is from here, that way we’ll know if we need to steak out or if we can come back within a day. But if it’s where you said before, then it’s probably gonna be a multi night thing.

He didn’t even know why he was suggesting it. He knew exactly what Jed was going to say. ‘Oh you need to let your wounds heal, you are a liability being so I injured. Blah blah blah.’

So what? He got punched a couple times, and kicked ones. It wasn’t like he needed a hospital trip. And even if he did, there was no hospital to go to. And all they seemed to have was over the counter Tylenol and maybe some bandaids. Yes he was gonna have a black eye for the next couple days, but what did it matter.

Jude stood up, stretching his arms above his head. His ribs groaned at the movement giving protest. He held in the wince that was threatening to escape, not wanting to show he was in pain. Not now at least, he would do that later when he was alone.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 6:35 am

Jedediah read the note before sighing, watching him standing up to show he wasn't in pain. He could tell he was. He rubbed his eyes before getting up and lifted Jude's shirt and pressed gently on his ribs to see the damage. His hands were cold to the touch.

He sighed, feeling his were mostly ok but fractured in places. He let go of his shirt before sitting down at the table to adjust his plans. "You're ribs feel ok, one or two are fractured. If we had some ice it would reduce the swelling and help the fractures heal better but we don't. So next best option, grab a clean cloth, dip it in some of the rain water and hold it there for a couple hours to try a reduce the swelling and then we catch leave." He said, looking sternly at him. "This will be an info gathering/scouting mission only." He said, raising an eyebrow at him.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 1:17 pm

Jude didn’t expect hands to start touching him. He flinched, wincing when they ran over his ribs. They were fractured. Great. But he figured as much, if they were just bruised they would be hurting as much as they did.

He puffed out a breath of air, not helping but catching the tone the male used when he told him this would be an information run only. He knew that. Of course he knew that. What did he think he would just run head first into any sign of danger?

Don’t answer that.

He scratched the side of his face, wincing when he forgot about the bruising there. He walked over to his bag, and as gently as he could removed his hoodie. He was wearing just a loose tank top underneath. It hung off his frame, pooling at the waste of his jeans.

He dug through the bag a bit, finding a cloth he had ripped from pieces of clothing. They were mostly used as make shift tourniquets in case he needed them. But he guessed they could be used for this as well

He quickly soaked the cloth, lifting his tank top, slipping the end of it into his mouth. He jerked when he pressed the cloth against his rips, bouncing up and down a bit. It didn’t hurt but it was freezing!! He wasn’t expecting the water to be that cold.

He huffed, sitting down on the ground, pressing his back against the wall. He said there, holding the cold cloth against his side, starring at Jed a bit more. If this got him out of the apartment, then he would have to deal with it for a while.

His curiosity was getting the best of him, but his mama always told him don’t ask questions. If they wanted to tell you they would. But Jed wasn’t much of an open person. He only mentioned his sister to prove a point against Jude while they were arguing last night.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Admin
Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 3:07 pm

Jedediah smirked when Jude did what he was told before laughing at his reaction to the cold water. "Wow is it that cold?" He asked, chuckling before looking back at the map in front of him. "Alright I think I've gotten a good enough plan of attack here." He said before looking up at the sky. "Right it seems to only be about 9ish, give or take. We'll leave at midday, that'll be long enough to get some of the swelling down." He said before going to grab the shotgun to clean now. He laid out the cloth again and started taking it apart and cleaned it methodically.

After he was satisfied with it, he put it back together before reloading the ammo and set it back where he had gotten it from. He grabbed his own weapons and loaded them too before grabbing the old duct tape he had taken off the other night and started wrapping it around his arms again, using fresh bits to attach it to his skin and secure it so it would fall off.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin
Theo

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 4:14 pm

Jude listened to his plan carefully, still holding the cold cloth against his side. It wasn’t a bad plan, but he hoped that doing the scouting mission wasn’t going to take to much time. His hands were itching to wrap around the man’s neck, to see the life fade from his eyes as he struggled to survive.

He chewed on his lip, before bowing his head down. He started chewing on his finger nails, his thoughts going a million miles a minute. He knew that Jed had gone through what he currently is. He had gotten his revenge, and he said he regretted it.

But they weren’t the same. Maybe that was the way he felt, but there was a burning rage inside of Jude. His parents were ripped to shreds, and he was scarred for life. He was boiling in the hate he felt for that man, and the only way it was going to disappear was when he was dead.

When the cloth had warmed up, he removed it from his side and slowly stood up. He went about making sure he had everything he would need. Ammo, water, food and snacks, enough arrows for his bow. The journey itself was going to be the worst part, and he didn’t want to think about how painful his feet were going to feel.

He put his hoodie, and a brand new black mask on to hide his face once again. He grabbed a black baseball hat, slipping that on top of his head. He was trying to hide his face as much as he could, just in case they were spotted by someone on the way there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Backfire   The Backfire - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Backfire
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antilia :: Role-Pays :: Horror/Occult Role-Plays-
Jump to: